Mission: Develop sustainability messages to reach USU community and increase participation and interaction in sustainability activities and discussions
The Marketing Work Group is dedicated to:
- Increasing Awareness: We strive to keep USU students, staff, and faculty informed on sustainability developments at USU, such as the President's Climate Commitment, the USU Sustainability Policy, and the USU carbon footprint.
- Celebrate Successes: We tell the story of success in sustainability programs at USU with published materials, such as factoids in the student newspaper and with posters on the Aggie Shuttle and in key locations on campus.
- Website: The Outreach Committee is committed to maintaining the development, content, and updates of the USU Sustainability website.
We intend to integrate a wiki site to encourage students to share ideas and connect with each other.
- Blue Goes Green Signage: Twelve new signs went up on Logan campus in 2013 to indicate projects that benefit the environment as well as providing other benefits to USU. In 2017, 21 signs inform people about infrastructure with environmental benefits.
- Publicity events: We will maintain a presence at USU events, such as SOAR, Day on the Quad, Open Streets Festival, USU Wellness Expo, Grad Fair, and Earth Day.
- Future Projects: Improve the presence of sustainability in new student orientation. Include USU Sustainability sites in campus tours.
- 60-Seconds of Sustainability: The group is running a competition to design sustainability spots in fall 2018.
|Alexi Lamm||Sustainability Coordinator|
|Brhianna Malcolm||SSO Engagement Coordinator|
|Ed Stafford||Professor of Marketing|
|Holley Stringham||Student, Sustainability Council Intern|