Transportation (Relevant Policy 514.7)
- Match your carpool at zimride.com/usu.
- Catch the free Aggie Shuttle or Cache Valley Transit.
- Check-out an Aggie Blue Bike for 24 hours or three months. Use the free bike shop.
- Turn off your engine when not in traffic. USU is “idle-free.”
- Contribute to USU’s Carbon Offset for university travel.
Energy (Relevant Policy 525)
- Turn off appliances and electronics when not in use during the day, at night, or over vacations
- Save energy with ENERGY STAR or EPEAT computers, appliances & lab equipment.
- Let Facilities HVAC help with indoor temperature problems.
- Lower fume hood sashes in laboratories when possible.
- Discontinue the use of personal refrigerators in offices. Use a break room.
- Recycle paper, cardboard, metal, plastic, rigid Styrofoam, glass, and batteries.
- Try recycled-content paper to save energy, water & waste.
- Print double-sided.
- Purchase used items from USU Surplus.
- Check out the Student Organic Farm produce CSA or the Dietetics soup and bread CSA.
- Eat local from the Cache Valley Gardeners’ Market.
USU Sustainability Policy 106:
Utah State University (USU) is one of the nation’s premier, student-centered, land-grant, and space-grant universities. The University is committed to enhancing the quality of life for individuals and communities by promoting sustainability in its operations and academic and service missions.
USU will develop appropriate systems for managing environmental, social, and economic sustainability programs with specific goals and objectives. This policy supports the goal of the USU statewide system to prepare students, faculty, and staff to proactively contribute to a high quality of life for present and future generations. Sustainability Policy 106