- Produce that is grown locally travels fewer miles to get to your plate. A shorter traveling distance means less time for nutrients to waste away and less greenhouse gasses emitted in the process of transporting and storing food.
- Use left-overs
- Store food correctly to avoid and reduce spoilage
- Shop wisely; only buy what you know can be consumed by your family within it's use-by date
- Compost Food Waste
- Food grown organically is sustainable, non-toxic and produces better quality food
- Buy produce from USU's Student Organic Farm
Read Labels- Know what you're eating
- How to Read a Nutrition Label
- Eat What is in Season
- Eating food that is in season allows you to save on storage and freight costs while eating the way that nature intended.
- Seasonal Ingredient Map
- Utah Harvest Calendar
Grow Your Own