Upcoming Cycling Events
National Bike Challenge- Register
May 1 - September 30, 2015
Bike to Breakfast
April 28, 2016
7:30 - 9:30 AM
Aggie Blue Bikes
Bike to Work Week
May 16 - 20, 2016
8 - 9:30 AM
Aggie Blue Bikes
10 AM Bike with the Mayor
7 PM Bike-in Movie
Randy Wirth Half Century
- Sign up. It’s easy and free at https://nationalbikechallenge.org. Click the "Join" button. List your school as “Utah State
University,” so you will be counted with us!
- Join a departmental team; start your own team, or join as an individual.
- Ride a bicycle for transportation, fitness, or fun, and earn points. (Stationary bikes & electric assist are not eligible.)
+ 20 points per day you ride
+ 1 point per mile you ride
= Better health, saved money, and a chance for prizes!
- Log your miles.
- Online: Click the “Log Miles” icon, and log your miles. Save frequently traveled routes to make logging easier.
- Smart phones: Three apps– Endomondo, MapMyRide, or Moves sync with the National Bike Challenge. Download the app and sync by the last day of each month for your miles to count.
How much do I have to ride?
You can achieve each level many ways with a combination of miles and days. Here are a few ideas:
- Bronze- Riding as little as 1 mile/month, you could reach the Bronze level.
- Silver- Riding 1 mile/week you will earn the Silver level with time to spare.
- Gold- Riding 1 mile/two days per week will get you to the Gold level.
- Platinum- Ride 3 miles/five days per week to achieve Platinum
- Diamond- Ride 18 miles/six days per week to achieve Diamond
USU Monthly Prizes
- One female and one male participant each month will win in a random drawing.
- One male and one female participant will win for increasing their miles over the competition.
USU Grand Prizes
- The team with the most total points will win a recognition event.
- The team with the most points per team member will win a recognition event.
- Each month prizes will be given away to reward Challenge participants. The more you bike, the better your chance of winning (and the better the prizes) will be! Learn about the prize program.