Marketing Work Group
|Alexi Lamm||Sustainability Coordinator|
|Paige Gardner||Student, Sustainability Council Intern|
|Liz Kirkham||Student, SSO graphics intern|
|Ed Stafford||Professor of Marketing|
|Blake Thomas||graduate student, summer 2013 intern|
The Outreach Subcommittee is dedicated to:
- Increasing Awareness. We strive to keep USU students, staff, and faculty informed on sustainability developments at USU, such as the President's Climate Commitment, the USU Sustainability Policy, and the USU carbon footprint.
- Increasing Involvement: We support the grassroots effort of students, faculty, and staff who want to promote sustainability at USU. Our goal is to organize programs and events to tap into the energy, talent and intellect of the university community to expand the vision of sustainability, and develop a culture of sustainability at USU.
- Celebrate Successes: We tell the story of success in sustainability programs at USU with published materials, such as factoids in the student newspaper and with posters on the Aggie Shuttle and in key locations on campus.
- Monthly themes: Departments or programs on campus with sustainable projects or research are featured with a bus poster, weekly factoids in the Statesman, and on the home page of our website.
- Website: The Outreach Committee is committed to maintaining the development, content, and updates of the USU Sustainability website. We intend to integrate a wiki site to encourage students to share ideas and connect with each other.
- Publicity events: We will maintain a presence at USU events, such as Earth Day, and the Utah Bioneers Conference. At these events, we will encourage participants to adopt and pledge to sustainable practices, and in turn we provide “handouts” to encourage these acts (e.g. organic t-shirts and shopping bags featuring the “blue goes green” logo).
- Take the Challenge: An ongoing challenge to students, faculty, and staff at USU to make changes in their personal lives to reduce the carbon footprint of USU.
- “Blue goes Green” logo: Brand the USU Sustainability Council using the “Blue goes Green” logo. This logo was developed as a universal symbol of sustainability at USU.
- Handouts: We are work with “Connections” instructors and other campus programs to give out reusable beverage containers and/or shopping bags featuring the ‘blue goes green” logo to reduce waste.
- Set up a USU community garden.
- Partner with the USU Bookstore to provide reusable shopping bags with book sales.
- Develop sustainability kids (Little Aggie) programs.
- Develop interpretive maps for sustainable sites on campus and sister campuses.
- Give USU Sustainability tours across campus.
- Organize “Sustainability Week”.