Skip to main content
In 2007 President Albrecht signed the America College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) and set USU’s goal for climate neutrality for 2050. Additionally, the commitment supports USU providing, "the knowledge and the educated graduates to achieve climate neutrality." Several programs are available to employees, so take advantage, and get involved. Learn more on the about page.
- Turn off appliances and electronics when not in use during the day, at night, or over vacations
- Save energy with ENERGY STAR or EPEAT computers, appliances & lab equipment.
- Let Facilities HVAC help with indoor temperature problems.
- Lower fume hood sashes in laboratories when possible.
- Discontinue the use of personal refrigerators in offices. Use a break room.
- Recycle paper, cardboard, metal, plastic, rigid Styrofoam, glass, and batteries.
- Try recycled-content paper to save energy, water & waste.
- Print double-sided.
- Purchase used items from USU Surplus.